Analysis of genomic data in the field of public health and food safety, with the aim of deploying a comprehensive bioinformatics approach to the study of food-borne zoonoses and infectious diseases at the human and animal interface.
This is a Domain specific server.
- The web portal is termed ARIES (Advanced Research Infrastructure for Experimentation in genomicS)
- Development of an Information System for the collection of genomic and epidemiological data to enable the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)-based surveillance of infectious epidemics, foodborne outbreaks and diseases at the animal-human interface.
- Development of analytical pipelines enabling harmonized, real time multi-genome comparisons, to improve the detection of clusters of cases of infections and allowing the global bio-tracing of pathogens.
- Development of metagenomics models for the culture-independent detection and typing of pathogens and the study of their interactions with the microbiota in human and animal samples and in the vehicles of infections.
- Email support: email@example.com
- The system can be rebooted any time for service purposes, although generally a warning will be published with some advance on the ARIES site and through the @ARIES_ GENOMICS Twitter account.
- No backup of data is performed on our servers
- An account is required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account.
- Advanced Research Infrastructure for Experimentation in Genomics (ARIES): A concept of a bioinformatics framework for the analysis of genomic data from zoonotic agents, Valeria Michelacci, Arnold Knijn, Massimiliano Orsini, Stefano Morabito, 4th Med-Vet-Net Association International Conference.
- ARIES tagged publications in Galaxy Publication library.
- Set up and maintained at the [Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS Rome)] by a collaboration between the European Union Reference Laboratory for VTEC and the Data Management Sector.