MBAC Metabiome Portal
Simplifying control, usage, access, and analysis of microbiome, metabolome, and immunome data (the Metabiome).
This is a Tool Publishing server.
- We have developed the MBAC Metabiome Portal, a flexible and customizable webserver, with the aim of simplifying control, usage, access, and analysis of microbiome, metabolome, and immunome data (the Metabiome).
- The Portal uses a relational database management system and distributed analytical resources and includes several tools such as sequence clustering, filtering sequencing artifacts, taxonomic analysis, and functional annotation. Users access the MBAC Metabiome Portal through a Galaxy based web browser to perform individual and group analysis and share their results. Programming support is also available to configure and run customized pipelines.
- We have opened up the MBAC Metabiome Portal to unregistered users to share data and analysis tools. Computationally intensive tools are restricted to in house use. Anonymous users are restricted to a 50 mb disk quota.
- Anonymous users can view a demo of the Metabiome Database here.
- The MicroBiome Analysis Center (MBAC) resides within the Department of Environmental Science and Policy at George Mason University and supports collaborative research in the fields of Molecular Ecology, Microbial Ecology, Molecular Evolution, and Genomics.
- The portal is supported by NIH, DOD, NSF, and NOAA grants through collaborative projects with Virginia Commonwealth University, Rush University Medical Center, the Alberta IBD Consortium, UC Davis, Case Western University, Florida International University, USDA, the Virginia Commonwealth Research Commercialization Fund, Naval Research Laboratory, and Metabiomics LLC.