|Summary:||Laniakea provides the possibility to automate the creation of Galaxy-based virtualized environments through an easy setup procedure, providing an on-demand workspace ready to be used by life scientists and bioinformaticians, with built-in storage encryption for user data.|
- Laniakea enables researchers configure and deploy personal Galaxy instances, exploiting the INDIGO-DataCloud software catalogue. Each Galaxy instance is customizable in terms of virtual CPUs, RAM and storage through the web front-end, and deployable with different sets of pre installed tools. Each instance comes with reference data (e.g. genomic sequences) already available for many species, shared among all the instances.
- Each Galaxy instance can be deployed with encrypted external storage through LUKS (https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup) disk encryption: users will be required to insert a password to encrypt/decrypt data directly on the virtual instance during its deployment, avoiding any interaction with the cloud administrator(s).
- The service is scalable and both users and service providers can chose among a full range of different computational capabilities: from limited ones to serve e.g. small research groups, Galaxy developers or for didactic and training purposes, to instances with elasticity cluster support to deliver enough computational power.
- The service will be released for beta testing soon.
- To be defined
- Laniakea: an open solution to provide Galaxy "on-demand" instances over heterogeneous cloud infrastructures. Marco Antonio Tangaro, Giacinto Donvito, Marica Antonacci, Matteo Chiara, Pietro Mandreoli, Graziano Pesole, Federico Zambelli. bioRxiv 472464; doi: 10.1101/472464
- INDIGO-DataCloud: a Platform to Facilitate Seamless Access to E-Infrastructures , Salomoni, D., Campos, I., Gaido, L. et al. J Grid Computing (2018) 16: 381. doi:10.1007/s10723-018-9453-3
- Laniakea tagged publications in the Galaxy Publication library