|Summary:||Identifying long terminal repeats (LTR) and non-LTR retroelements in eukaryotic genomic sequences.|
- ENA Browser or local storage is used to obtain input genome sequences including a traditional file upload. HMMER 3.1b1 is applied to gain speed boosts compared to a previous version HMMER 2+. In addition Generic Feature Format Version 3 is used for visualization of genome sequence data via a web-based genome browser e.g. UCSC Genome Browser or Ensembl Genome Browser.
- MGESCan is also accessible through Amazon Cloud (EC2), Galaxy Tool Shed or Published Workflow on the public galaxy server (usegalaxy.org)
- MGEScan can be used anonymously or with a login. Anyone can create a login.
- MGEScan: a Galaxy based system for identifying retrotransposons in genomes by Hyungro Lee1, Minsu Lee, Wazim Mohammed Ismail, Mina Rho, Geoffrey Fox, Sangyoon Oh, and Haixu Tang, Bioinformatics (2016) doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btw157
- MGEScan tagged publications in the Galaxy Publication library