ELIXIR France with the support of the ELIXIR Hub and the ELIXIR interoperability platform, the National Bioscience Database Center (NBDC) and the Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS), is organising a BioHackathon in November 2018 in Paris. This BioHackathon will complement and work in collaboration with the BioHackathon planned in Japan at the end of 2019.
BioHackathon activities are driven by practical sessions where people gather, discuss, and implement ideas/projects during intensive and productive coding sessions. The topics will be aligned to challenges proposed by ELIXIR platforms (data, tools, compute, interoperability and training), ELIXIR communities (Human Data, Rare Diseases, Marine Metagenomics, Plant Science, Metabolomics and Proteomics), a selection of new tools and communities (e.g., Cytoscape and reproducible networks) proposed by ELIXIR France, and a set of common challenges proposed by the sister BioHackathon organised in Japan.
- Advance the development of an open-source infrastructure for data integration to accelerate scientific innovation focusing on technology implementations of FAIR, identifiers, metadata standards, ontologies and metadata catalogues that support the operations across ELIXIR Technical Platforms (Compute, Data, Interoperability, Tools, and Training)
- Engage the technical people in the bioinformatics community inside and outside ELIXIR to work together on topics of common interest aligned to ELIXIR activities
- Strengthen the interactions with ELIXIR Platforms and Communities to establish and reinforce collaborations through hands-on programming activities organised at the event.
There will be several Galaxy-related hacking topics:
- Galaxy Training Material improvement and extension
- Galaxy Tool recommendation improvements
- Enhancing the Conda an Container infrastructure
- Galaxy Pulsar improvements (remote job execution)
- CWL support in Galaxy
- bio.tools, Bioconda, Galaxy hand-shakes
(view the full list of topics available here)
More information and registration
To propose hacking topics (deadline Jul 12th) or register for Biohackathon, please visit the website