Nov 14, 2012 Distribution & News Brief
November 14th 2012
Complete News Brief
- NGS: Picard (beta) tools have moved from the Galaxy distribution to the Galaxy Main Tool Shed.
- The Galaxy Project is now using Sphinx Python hosted at Read the Docs to document the galaxy-central and galaxy-dist code base. That's a peek on the right →
- The Intergalactic Utilities Commission will soon begin reviewing repositories in the Galaxy Main Tool Shed (better repos, better tools)
- Tool Shed "best practice" advice: a single tool or a suite of tools per repository?
- Tophat, Tophat2, and Cuffdiff updated to accept gene annotations in GFF3 format.
- Multiple enhancements to the API targeting user and history actions.
- Plus updates to CloudLaunch, new Security Fixes, and several usability enhancements for Datasets, Datatypes, Tools, and Tool Shed functions.
new: $ hg clone http://www.bx.psu.edu/hg/galaxy galaxy-dist upgrade: $ hg pull -u -r 5dcbbdfe1087
Thanks for using Galaxy!