European Galaxy Administrator Workshop
5 days of admin training in Oslo
Registration is now open for the European Galaxy Administrator Workshop.
- Mon 8 January 2018 to Fri 12 January 2018 CET
- Python room, Blindern, UiO campus, Ole Johan Dahls hus, Gaustadalléen 23B, Oslo, 0373, Norway
Participants will learn how to install, configure, customize, and extend their own Galaxy servers. Topics include tool configuration, authentication and user management, using heterogeneous storage and compute services, and many other topics that will enable you to get your own Galaxy server up and running, performing well, and used by your community. Have a look at the programme to see more details on the planned content of the workshop.
Maximum number of participants is limited to 30, and we will manage registrations to allow for geographical distribution and proritize participants with responsibility of administrating galaxy servers. After registering you will get a second confirmation if/when a slot has been allocated to you.
Although located in Europe, and named to reflect this, the workshop is definitely open to a world-wide audience. The workshop is a result of the collaboration between the Elixir Galaxy WG and the Galaxy Project, and so far known, this is the only Galaxy Admin workshop planned for 2018.
Participants are to cover their own travel and accomodation, while the workshop participation is free of charge.
- Björn Grüning (Elixir Galaxy WG, Elixir Germany, University of Freiburg)
- Marius van den Beek (Elixir Galaxy WG, Institute Curie, France)
- Nicola Soranzo (Elixir Galaxy WG, Earlham Institute, UK)
- Enis Afgan (Galaxy Project, Johns Hopkins University, USA)
- Abdulrahman Azab (Elixir Norway, USIT, University of Oslo, Norway)