Apply for a GCC2018 Fellowship
February 20th 2018
GCCBOSC 2018 will be held 25-30 June in Portland, Oregon, United States. This brings the 2018 Galaxy Community Conference (GCC2018) and the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC 2018) together into a unified week-long event.
It's a great opportunity to discuss your research with others that are working in and facing similar challenges in data-intenisve life science research. But only if you can get there.
The Galaxy Community Fund is offering fellowships to students, post-docs, and other early career researchers who would benefit from attending GCC2018.
- full registration for any GCC2018 (and BOSC) events you attend
- lodging in conference housing for the duration of those events
- The first US$750 of travel costs.
If you are
- an early career researcher (student, post-doc, junior staff or faculty),
- and attending GCC2018 will help your research, your career, or your communities
then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fellowship applications will be selected based on multiple criteria including
- Your research! And ...
- How well you can describe it in a poster, demo or lightning talk abstract
- How much impact attending will have on you and your current and future communities, especially historically underrepresented communities and research and education in developing countries.
See the application for full details on what's covered and what we ask you to provide.
We'll review applications in two rounds, one starting on March 17, and the other on April 5, 2018. Interested? Submit an abstract and apply for a fellowship. If you have visa concerns, you are encouraged to submit and apply by March 17.
If your emphasis will be on BOSC rather than on Galaxy, then you are encouraged to apply for an OBF Travel Fellowship. The OBF deadline is April 15.
We hope to see you at GCCBOSC2018!
Galaxy Community Fund Board