GCC2019 will be held 1-8 July in Freiburg, Germany. GCC is a great opportunity to discuss your research with others that are working in and facing similar challenges in data-intenisve life science research. But only if you can get there.
The Galaxy Community Fund is offering fellowships to students, post-docs, and other early career researchers who would benefit from attending GCC2019.
- full registration for any GCC2019 events you attend
- the first €1200 in transport and lodging costs for the duration of those events
If you are
- an early career researcher (student, post-doc, junior staff or faculty),
- and attending GCC2019 will help your research, your career, or your communities
then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fellowship applications will be selected based on multiple criteria including
- Your research! And ...
- How well you can describe it in a poster, demo or lightning talk abstract
- How much impact attending will have on you and your current and future communities, especially historically underrepresented communities and research and education in developing countries.
See the application for full details on what's covered and what we ask you to provide.
We'll review applications in two rounds, one starting on 23 April, and the other on 10 May. Interested? Submit an abstract and apply for a fellowship. If you have visa concerns, you are encouraged to submit and apply by 22 April.
We hope to see you at GCC2019!
Galaxy Community Fund Board