We are pleased to offer scholarships for the 2016 Galaxy Community Conference, being held in Bloomington, Indiana, United States, June 25-29. Scholarships are available to students and post-docs in historically under-represented groups, and to those from or based in Low and Lower-Middle Income Economies, as defined by the World Bank. If this describes you or one of your students then we hope to receive an application.
Applicants are required to
• Submit a poster and/or demo abstract. Or,
• Submit a 200-250 word essay on how attending GCC2016 will benefit your research and career.
Poster/demo abstracts are strongly preferred. The essay option should only be used by those who are starting their research careers.
- Have a faculty member / PI send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com no later than May 10 or March 27 (depending on your deadline).
- Submit an application form.
- Have sufficient funds to cover your own travel and other expenses
If you are submitting a poster or demo, please do so before submitting an application. You also need to identify and ask a faculty member to write a letter of recommendation prior to applying.
The application deadline is May 1 for members of historically underrepresented groups and March 20 for those from Low and Lower-Middle Income Economies. Applicants will be notified of their scholarship status no later than two weeks after the deadline.
Galaxy Community Fund Board