GCC2016 Scholarships: Apply Now!
We are pleased to offer scholarships for the 2016 Galaxy Community Conference, being held in Bloomington, Indiana, United States, June 25-29. Scholarships are available to students and post-docs in historically under-represented groups, and to those from or based in Low and Lower-Middle Income Economies, as defined by the World Bank. If this describes you or one of your students then we hope to receive an application.
Scholarships cover registration and lodging during the GCC Meeting, and for any Training or Hackathon events the applicant chooses to attend. Scholarships do not cover travel or other expenses.
Applicants are required to
• Submit a poster and/or demo abstract. Or,
• Submit a 200-250 word essay on how attending GCC2016 will benefit your research and career.
Poster/demo abstracts are strongly preferred. The essay option should only be used by those who are starting their research careers.
- Have a faculty member / PI send a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 10 or March 27 (depending on your deadline).
- Submit an application form.
- Have sufficient funds to cover your own travel and other expenses
If you are submitting a poster or demo, please do so before submitting an application. You also need to identify and ask a faculty member to write a letter of recommendation prior to applying.
The application deadline is May 1 for members of historically underrepresented groups and March 20 for those from Low and Lower-Middle Income Economies. Applicants will be notified of their scholarship status no later than two weeks after the deadline.
Galaxy Community Fund Board