GCCBOSC 2018 events will be held at these Reed College venues:
- The Performing Arts Building
- Eliot Chapel
- Reed Commons
- Vollum College Center Lecture Hall and Classrooms
Conference housing is on campus in two Reed College dorm complexes.
- On the main campus and adjacent to the conference venues
- Older dorms
- Not air conditioned (see this Portland Climate graph)
- Not ADA compliant
- Open for all events
- Cheapest option
- A less than 10 minute walk to the conference venues
- Newer dorms
- Air conditioned
- ADA compliant
- Really nice common spaces
- Not open during CollaborationFest: Encore
- Around $10 / night more costly than ODB
- Include breakfast at Reed Commons
- Offer single, double and triple-bed rooms
- Come with a bed, linens, towels, desk, and chair for each resident
- Have shared, gender specific bathrooms
- Come with a bed, linens, towels, desk, and chair
- Have common spaces with a limited kitchen
- Bring your own soap and shampoo
- Minors are prohibited from staying in the dorms (see Other Options below)
- Checkin during conference desk hours
- Checkin outside of conference desk hours is also possible by special arrangement. Contact the organizers.
Rooms costs drop per night the longer you stay:
There are a limited number of double and triple occupancy rooms available in each block. Shared rooms are discounted 20% for doubles, and 40% for triples. These rooms have a set of furniture for each resident. If you book a double or triple room, you will have the option to provide roommate name(s), or the conference will match you up with roommates of the same gender.
- You and your roommate(s) need to both register for housing, and to request each other as roommates.
- Breakfast is included for all roommates.
- If your requested roommate is a different gender than you, then their bathroom (or your bathroom) may be on a different floor than the room.
- Your roommate is not required to also be registered for GCCBOSC (but they need to be if they are attending GCCBOSC events).
Double occupancy rates per bed per night
Triple occupancy rates per bed per night
You don't have to be attending GCCBOSC 2018 events to book GCCBOSC 2018 lodging in the Reed College residence halls. Guests are welcome and encouraged. There are a few requirements for guest lodging:
- Guests need to share a room with the conference attendee that is hosting them as a guest.
- The the conference participant and guest(s) need to register and pay for housing.
- The guest(s) and the conference participant need to book either a double or triple room
- The conference participant and guest(s) need to name each other as roommates when booking housing.
- Anyone staying on campus must be at least 18 years old.
If you prefer to stay elsewhere, Reed College has a list of recommended hotels, many offering a discount for those attending events at Reed. The Reed Campus can be reached via public transit, and there is free parking on campus if you wish to drive.
The conference will be offering subsidized childcare in downtown Portland on the Portland State University campus. If you are using childcare it may be most convenient to stay close to the PSU campus.
Trimet Public Transit provides bus, light rail, and commuter rail service in the Portland region. Their transportation options connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making our region a better place to live. See Trimet for more information on fares, schedules, and maps.
Uber and Lyft are available in Portland.
Ecoshuttle, +1 503-548-4480
Ecoshuttle is a Portland transportation service that offers environmentally friendly transportation for an evolving travel industry. Their shuttles range from a 9 passenger van to a 55 passenger coach bus.
Radio Cab, +1 503-227-1212
Radio Cab will show up in a clean, well maintained taxi cab and the driver/veteran is guaranteed to know the area and be professional.
Lucky Limo, +1 503-254-0010
Luxury ground transportation services with vehicles ranging from luxurious sedans and towncars to 33 passenger coach buses
Looking for something to do during your stay here? Check out the Travel Portland site for popular events, sightseeing, dining, and more!
Some meals are included with registration and/or conference lodging, but for the rest we encourage you to explore the [nearby Woodstock] (https://www.yelp.com/search?find_loc=Woodstock,+Portland,+OR&start=0&l=g:-122.61042594909668,45.48405300583157,-122.62330055236816,45.47502579850064) and Sellwood neighborhoods, and the rest of Portland.
Gigantic Brewing - .8 miles from Reed College
Owned by Reedies (aka Reed College alumni). At Gigantic we only do two things: make the best IPA in Portland, Oregon and produce seasonal, exciting, flavorful beers, most of which will be brewed only once. Our goal is simultaneously to create new interpretations of classic styles and to ignore those same style guidelines completely and brew whatever our creative natures produce.
Bible Club – 1.3 miles from Reed College
Antiques-filled speakeasy serving inventive & classic cocktails plus small bites in stylish digs.
Double Mountain - 0.6 miles from Reed College
Offshoot of a popular Hood River brewery serving craft beer, pizza, salads & sandwiches. This place is really popular and can get very crowded, but can accommodate fairly large groups.
Lutz Tavern - 0.8 miles from Reed College
A Reed hangout. Bar founded in 1947 but remodeled with new style, offering fresh-squeezed juices & hefty burgers.
Otto's Sausage Kitchen & Meat Market - 0.5 miles from Reed College
Longtime German deli with sidewalk picnic tables selling homemade sausages, hot dogs & sandwiches.
10 Barrel Brewing - 1411 NW Flanders St
Second location for the brewery, the main brewery is based in Bend, Oregon. Now owned by Anheuser-Busch. Very popular spot in NW Portland. There is a rooftop bar but it gets very crowded.
Boxer Ramen - 1025 SW Stark St
Hip, cash-only restaurant offering Japanese noodle soups, booze & more in stylish, muraled digs.
Oven and Shaker - 1134 NW Everett St
Happening pizzeria with wood-fired pies & top-shelf cocktails in a lively, music-filled space.
Podnah’s Pit - 1625 NE Killingsworth St
BBQ joint in NE Portland that was once awarded ‘restaurant of the year’. The owner is from Austin and does a nice job on the smoker. It can get very crowded and there often is a wait.
Accanto - 2838 SE Belmont St
Accanto serves Italian fare like handmade pasta, plus cocktails.
Andina - 1314 NW Glisan St
Andina is Peruvian cuisine and tapas bar with live music. The kitchen sources native and local ingredients to develop a menu that celebrates the owner’s family’s Andean roots.
Le Pigeon - 738 E Burnside St
Rotating menu of creative French-inspired fare served at communal tables or the bar in a snug room.
Little Bird Bistro - 215 SW 6th Ave
Eclectic, inventive French bistro fare served in a sexy spot with red banquettes & mezzanine level.
Q Restaurant - 828 SW 2nd Ave Modern & romantic space featuring imaginative, locally sourced Pacific Northwest cuisine.