Poster and demo listing available on https://gccbosc2018.sched.com. Note - odd numbers are presented on Wednesday, even numbers on Thursday.
- The poster/demo sessions are scheduled on Wed and Thurs (June 27 and 28) from 3-4pm in the Performing Arts Building (PAB) atrium. Your poster must measure not more than 4 x 4 feet (121 x 121 cm).
- Poster setup starts at 8am on Wednesday morning, and all posters should be up before 3pm on Wednesday.
- Posters should be left up until at least 4pm on Thursday. Posters should be taken down no later than 7pm on Thursday.
- Odd-numbered posters will present on Wed and even-numbered on Thurs.
- The poster/demo sessions are scheduled on Wed and Thurs from 3-4pm.
- Tables will be available for demos in the Performing Arts Building (PAB) during the same time as the poster sessions.
- Odd-numbered demos will present on Wed and even-numbered on Thurs.
- If your abstract was accepted for a poster and a demo, you will co-present both at the same time – you will have a table for demos near your poster.
- Wifi should be available for the demos but it would be wise to have some material cached on your computer in case the connection is slow or goes down.
- Power outlets may not be available during the demo session. Please make sure your laptop is fully charged before your demo.
Conference attendees 18 years or older, and their guests. See requirements for guests.
No, unfortunately the dorms are only available starting Sunday, June 24th. Please click here for other options off campus.
If you are you picking up your key packet outside of the registration desk hours, your key packet will be available at Reed's Community Safety Office. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 5436 SE 28th Ave, Portland, OR 97202. 503/517-5355
Yes, mail services is on the lower level of the Gray Campus Center (below commons) and is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday. USPS and FedEx shipping options are available. Incoming mail will not be delivered to dorms. Your dorm host will gladly notify your conference organizer when a package arrives for you. If you are receiving mail at Reed, please use the following address:
3203 SE Woodstock Blvd.
Portland OR 97202-8199
For international visitors requiring a visa to enter the United States, we strongly recommend
- You start the visa application process immediately.
- You avoid non-refundable purchases including flights, accommodation and registration until after obtaining your visa.
Send your request to vasilevs [at] ohsu.edu and include your
- full (given/legal) name (as it appears in your passport),
- institution/company name and address,
- date of birth (YYYY/MM/DD),
- passport number, and
- country of issuance,
- registration confirmation number
- title of your abstract submission
In addition, a letter verifying your student status or employment status may be required to obtain a visa to enter the US. Please see this template for an example.
Note, the GCCBOSC 2018 organizers are not experts on US immigration and cannot offer any advice.
If you need a US based contact name (address and phone number), please contact Nicole Vasilevsky at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For your address while in the US, the address of Reed College is: 3203 SE Woodstock Blvd Portland, OR 97202
Full refunds are available up to 30 days before the conference starts on June 25.
See the childcare page for details.
There is no sales tax in Oregon. There is no tax on the registration fee.
The Reed Summer Conference Handbook answers many questions about the venue.
If you still have questions, please contact the organizers.