Apply for a GCC2017 Fellowship
March 6th 2017
The 2017 Galaxy Community Conference will be held 26-30 June in Montpellier, France. It's a great opportunity to discuss your research with others that are working in and facing similar challenges in data-intenisve life science research. But only if you can get there.
The Galaxy Community Fund is offering fellowships to early career researchers that would be coming from afar to attend GCC2017.
- full registration for any GCC2017 events you attend
- lodging in conference housing for the duration of those events
- The first US$750 of travel costs.
If you are
- an early career researcher (student, post-doc, junior staff or faculty),
- and are based outside of Europe,
- and attending GCC2017 will help your research, your career, and your communities then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fellowship applications will be selected based on multiple criteria including
- Your research! And ...
- How well you can describe it in a poster, demo or lightning talk abstract
- How much impact attending will have on you and your current and future communities, especially historically underrepresented communities and research and education in developing countries.
See the application for full details on what's covered and what we ask you to provide.
We'll review applications in two rounds, one starting on March 20, and the other on April 5, 2017. Interested? Submit an abstract and apply for a fellowship. If you have visa concerns, you are encouraged to submit and apply by March 20.
We hope to see you at GCC2017!
Galaxy Community Fund Board