March 2018 News of the Galaxy!
GCCBOSC Abstracts, Registration, Housing & Kenotes; Europe, Africa, blog, pubs, servers, jobs, ...
March 1st 2018
The March 2018 Galaxy News brings much news!
- Lots of GCCBOSC 2018 news:
- Abstract submission, registration & housing are open
- Training Schedule set
- 17 topics in 22 sessions over two days covering the full spectrum of open source bioinformatics
- We are pleased to announce two of the keynote speakers:
- Fernando Pérez, of the Berkeley Institute for Data Science, University of California Berkeley and Project Jupyter
- Tracy K. Teal, of the Carpentries and the Journal for Open Scource Software
- Continental community meetings:
- Upcoming events (on four continents)
- Galactic Blog post from Arun Decano: Coding in the Winter Wonderland: Galaxy Admin Training
- 133 publications (including 5 highlighted ones)
- Openings in 6 groups on 2 continents
- Public Galaxy Server News (a new server and two updated ones)
- ToolShed contributions
- Releases of Planemo, Pulsar, and galaxy-lib.
- And other news too
See the newsletter for the full story, and hope to see you in Freiburg, Cape Town, and Portland!