We just released an update to Galaxy CloudMan. CloudMan offers an easy way to get a personal and completely functional instance of Galaxy in the cloud in just a few minutes, without any manual configuration or imposed quotas. Once running, you have complete control over Galaxy, including the ability to install new tools.
This is the most complete update of the Galaxy on the Cloud platform to date with all the cloud components being built from the ground up. The following is a summary of the major changes:
- Galaxy on the Cloud: all new galaxy and indices file systems, with Galaxy 15.07 release, ~200 preinstalled Galaxy tools, and nearly half a terrabyte of updated reference genome data.
- Galaxy on the Cloud: switched to a different Cloud Launch application, available at https://launch.usegalaxy.org/
- Galaxy on the Cloud: Integrated Galaxy IPython Interactive Environments
- CloudMan: Creating cluster shares is now fast (~30 seconds vs. hours)
- Created a wealth of new documentation, including a description of the all new automated method for building private/custom instances https://wiki.galaxyproject.org[/CloudMan](/news/mid2015-galaxy-cloudman-release/CloudMan/)/Building