GCC2022: Registration open for Webinar mode
For those that won't attend in person, the GCC Organizing Committee is happy to announce a virtual webinar-like option
As you may know, the Galaxy Community Conference (GCC2022) will take place in Minnesota this year. For those that won't attend in person, the GCC Organizing Committee is happy to announce a virtual webinar-like option.
How can you register?
- There is a special Virtual option in the registration form for online only.
Once you are registered and a few days before the conference, you'll receive all the information you need, including:
- an invitation to join the GCC2022 Slack space,
- a link to a zoom webinar.
Is it going to be interactive?
There will be a Meeting Owl on-site that will show you the room. In the webinar mode, you will have the chance to:
- Watch the presentations live (remember the time difference!).
- Ask questions. The chat and Q
&A functionality will be enabled. There will be someone online in close contact with the moderator in the room.
- If there's no time for more questions, you can always post them in the Slack channel.
Will you be able to attend the poster session?
Partially. The authors will deposit their posters in Sched, and you'll have the chance to ask questions in Slack using the channel gcc2022-posters-demo. Their response may be slow, depending on how busy the poster presenters are in real life.
How much will the virtual attendance cost?
- Regular online registration: $80.
- $10 for Low-Income-Countries (check this list to find out which countries qualify as such).
When is the deadline for registration?
- July 15.
Thank you all for all the interest that you've been showing to join GCC2022, regardless of the format. That's great to see!