Co-located with the European Galaxy Days, the EuroScienceGateway consortium of 17 partners got together in Freiburg Germany, for a 2 day Kick-Off meeting, organized by the coordinators of the project, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg. The partners had the opportunity to plan together the next steps in the project, with the purpose of achieving the expected outcomes of the project and delivering the results in a timely and effective manner.
The EuroScienceGateway project consists of 5 Work Packages, on the following topics:
- WP1: Project Management, Coordination and Dissemination
- WP2: Stimulate FAIR and reusable research
- WP3: Pulsar Network: Distributed heterogeneous compute
- WP4: Building blocks for a sustainable operating model
- WP5: Community engagement, adoption and onboarding
Following this meeting, the partners, universities and research centers from all across Europe, are guided in their actions towards the achievement of the results by the work package leaders and the coordinators of the action. The overall objective of the 36 month EuroScienceGateway project, is to achieve a shared vision of an open collaborative digital space for European scientists.