A number of resources are available to help connect researchers and developers with Galaxy. Broadening Galaxy's reach serves several interrelated purposes:
- More users. The first step to using Galaxy is knowing about it! By spreading the word, we can ensure that researchers know about Galaxy and how it can benefit their data analyses.
- More developers. Increased visibility leads to increased adoption of Galaxy, and that in turn leads to more people contributing back to Galaxy.
- More funding. Increased utilization and development of Galaxy helps keep it funded.
Citing Galaxy in publications and presentations is an easy way to increase Galaxy's visibility and helps enormously with grants. The Galaxy Project and Galaxy users have published numerous papers on Galaxy and analyses that use Galaxy. Check out this list of Galaxy-related publications and guidelines for citing Galaxy in your own work.
Powered by Galaxy icons are available in a number of different resolutions for inclusion on web sites, talks, posters, and other printed material. Including icons is an easy way to let people know how widely used and useful Galaxy is.
The Galaxy logos page contains currently available Galaxy Project logos. The Galaxy images page lists sources for logos, icons, and screenshots that can be included in Galaxy-related presentations and posters.
Experienced Galaxy speakers are available to give presentations and workshops at your institution or event. These sessions can range from introductory or overview talks to workshops covering specific analyses or research topics. In terms of style, presentations can take the form of short talks, workshops with multiple speakers, or even highly interactive and hands-on tutorials. Check out the Galactic Events page for a list of recent and upcoming events.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in arranging a presentation or workshop at your institution or event.
Hands-on workshops are generously supported by an AWS in Education teaching grant.
If you are organizing or presenting at an event with significant Galaxy-related content, we can help you spread the word in a number of ways:
- Announce it to the appropriate Mailing Lists.
- Post it the Galactic News page and RSS feed.
- Add it to the Galactic Events page and Galaxy Calendar.
We are also happy to create a wiki page and a flier for the event to highlight the Galaxy content.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use this service.
Watch this space for info about how to get incredibly sought after items such as Galaxy t-shirts.