Easily generate codon harmonized variants of gene sequences for heterologous expression
This is a Tool Publishing server.
- From Claassens et al:
- "...different codon usage variants significantly improved production of some of the tested proteins. However, not a single algorithm performed consistently best for the membrane-integrated production of the 6 tested proteins. In conclusion, for improving heterologous membrane protein production in E. coli, the major effect is accomplished by transcriptional tuning. In addition, further improvements may be realized by attempting different codon usage variants, such as codon harmonized variants, which can now be easily generated through our online Codon Harmonizer tool."
- Can only be used without creating an account.
- Does not support account creation.
- "There is a possibility that at some point this server will move to somewhere else and likely all (generated) data will be removed."
- Improving heterologous membrane protein production in Escherichia coli by combining transcriptional tuning and codon usage algorithms, Nico J. Claassens, Melvin F. Siliakus, Sebastiaan K. Spaans, Sjoerd C. A. Creutzburg, Bart Nijsse, Peter J. Schaap, Tessa E. F. Quax, John van der Oost. PLOS One, September 13, 2017, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0184355
- Codon Harmonizer tagged publications in the Galaxy Publication library.
- Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University and Research