The 'Pilot Core Unit for Bioinformatics, Data Integration und Analysis (CUBiDA)' organizes a monthly colloquium with an aim of facilitating the exchange of scientific knowledge in the area of molecular and clinical data analysis. At the same time, these seminars provide a platform for networking among researchers from different disciplines within UKER/FAU. This colloquium is also supported by the graduate program Life@FAU (https://www.life.fau.eu/). The next talk will be on Thursday, 29.07.2021 at 15:30 hrs:
- Title: Utilization of Galaxy-based workflows to support decision making in molecular cancer diagnostics
- Speakers: Lars Tögel, Wolfgang Maier
- Abstract: Massively parallel next-generation sequencing (NGS) enables molecular profiling of tumors from individual patients. Combined with histological findings it yields precise information, which can help in and improve the therapeutic decision process and bring us closer to personalized tumor therapy. Analysis and interpretation of complex NGS datasets also poses a new challenge for pathologists. In this talk we will be presenting a non-commercial analysis pipeline running on the Galaxy platform, which can be used in molecular diagnostics to analyze sequencing data from commercial gene panels.
- Online through Webex: https://uk-erlangen.webex.com/uk-erlangen/j.php?MTID=mfa8088026974da77de04e981fb3b7abd
- Remark: The presentation will be held in German.
In case of any question, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.