Galaxy Genome Annotation Community of Practice

Logo for Galaxy Genome Annotation community. The 3 capital letters in different colors.

We are a mix of users, developers, and trainers providing feedback and energy to improve and expand the Galaxy genome annotation capabilities. Do you use Galaxy genome annotation tools or workflows? Do you have feedback for us? Want to be a tester of new resources? Want to impact the future of genome annotation in Galaxy? Are you a developer looking for a place to play? Are you developing Galaxy genome annotation materials and want to stay aware of what others are doing in this field?

Welcome to the Galaxy Genome Annotation (GGA) Community of Practice!

I'm just trying to learn to analyse my data, how did I get here?

Hello user! You'll be interested in the following resources:

Saying that, we'd absolutely love to have users feedback on their experiences to help us improve. You'd be very welcome to join the Community of Practice to help improve the Galaxy genome annotation space!

What are the goals of the single cell community of practice?

🎯 Goals

• Prevent work duplication
  • Collaborate across pipeline, ensuring users feedback to developers
  • Identify community needs
  • Tool & tutorial development
  • Testing
  • Build & support user community
  • Benchmarking tools and workflows

Who are we looking for?

Anyone with energy! We love hearing from users, developers, trainers, and everyone in between who is using or developing Galaxy for genome annotation analysis.

How do we function?

Meetings We meet regularly for 1 hour, check our Matrix channel for next call.

Our meeting agenda is:

• Random intro chatter & introductions
  • Status reports & new stuff that’s happening
  • Other cool stuff (example: Smorgasbord)
  • Ongoing actions to send out

Notes We keep rolling notes on a googledoc.

General Chat Forum We have a chat forum to discuss news and ideas, and are represented in the Galaxy Community Reps chat group.

How can you join & other important links

Start by joining our 💬Matrix channel and introduce yourself! (Or you can just lurk there for a bit!)