When I picked Monday, 22 April, as the (original) deadline for GCC2019 oral presentation and lightning talk abstracts I had no idea
- that 21 April was Easter, or
- that Easter weekend is a much bigger holiday outside the US, than inside the US.
I am now keenly aware of that second fact as we have heard from many folks that 22 April was quite possibly the worst possible date for this deadline.
With apologies for the original date,
GCC2019 will be held 1-8 July in Freiburg, Germany. The tenth GCC will have many familiar features from earlier years, including accepted and lightning talks, posters and demos, birds-of-a-feather gatherings (BoFs), training, and a CollaborationFest. 2019 also brings the most significant conference program update in several years:
- some training will be integrated with the main conference,
- three days of conference instead of two,
- several parallel sessions,
- and a strong emphasis on organizing content by domain.
GCC2019, like every GCC before it, will be built around community. Training topics are nominated, selected, and presented by the community. Presentations will feature the full spectrum of Galaxy applications, enhancements and deployments from the community as well.
If you are working in data intensive life science research then there will not be a better place to share your work, learn from others, and find new collaborators.