We've updated our Galaxy server to version 18.09. Everything went extremely smoothly.
Our previous Galaxy upgrade we scheduled an entire day for potential downtime, and completed it with a 2 hour outage of Galaxy. For this downtime we scheduled 4 hours of downtime and completed it without a Galaxy outage.
For a full list of the awesome new features please see the release notes
A few highlights (in no particual order)!
Workflows saw many enhancements:
- You can now run a workflow directly from the "Published Workflows" list
- The workflow editor supports zooming
- You can download a workflow directly from the editor (Thanks Anup!)
- Subworkflows now allow for setting runtime parameters
- When pasting data or URLs into the Galaxy upload screen, you can now supply a name for this dataset rather than always having to change it afterwards.
- The rule-based data uploader now supports adding tags to your datasets and collections.
- Tool search should be working better
If you notice any issues, please do not hesitate to let us know