There are many approaches to learning how to use Galaxy. The most popular is probably to just dive in and use it. Galaxy is simple enough to use that you can do many analyses just by exploring the interface. However, you may miss much of the power this way.
Tutorials using Galaxy Main
These tutorials are using Galaxy's main site at http://usegalaxy.org:
- Galaxy 101 - the basic introduction to Galaxy's interface, its functionality, and workflows. Start here if you never used Galaxy before.
- Uploading data - how to get data into Galaxy.
- Histories - in Galaxy uploaded data and analysis results reside within the history pane. This tutorial explains how history works.
- Dataset collections - modern studies usually include many samples. Collection are designed to simplify complex, multi-sample analyses as shown in this tutorial.
- NGS logistics - this is an introduction to Galaxy's functionality for the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data.
- Variant discovery: diploid case - this tutorial explains calling sequence variants in diploid systems like ... humans.
- Variant discovery: haploid case - this tutorial explains calling sequence variants in haploid systems like ... bacteria and viruses.
- RNA-seq: Introduction - an introductory tutorial for transcriptome analysis.
- RNA-seq: Discovering and quantifying new transcripts - an in-depth transcriptome analysis example.
- ChIP-seq: A simple ChIP-seq experiment with two replicates - an example analysis for finding transcription factor binding sites.
Tours guide you through interface elements interactively:
Tutorials by Galaxy Training Network
- Introductory topics
- Mapping of NGS data
- ChIP-seq analysis
- RNA-seq analysis
- Quality control of NGS data
- Exome data analysis
- DNA methylation analysis
- PlantTribes: Perform comparative and evolutionary analyses of gene families and transcriptomes
Tutorials from Lewis-Sigler Institute @ Princeton
These tutorials are produced by Lance Parsons at LSI
- Visualization with Galaxy and IGV Tutorial
- RNA-Seq Data Analysis Workshop
- SNP & Indel Detection Tutorial
- ChIP-Seq Tutorial
Tutorials from around the Web
In addition the following tutorials are available from other contributors: