If you want to contribute to the Galaxy Project, there are many ways to do so, not only with code!
Contribute with code
- Galaxy Project GitHub Organization: repositories of the Galaxy ecosystem, including the main code of Galaxy.
- Start by looking at the CONTRIBUTING.md (or CONTRIBUTING.rst) file in the repository of your interest.
- There are Working Groups focused on particular parts of the ecosystem, you can reach out to them if you want to know more about how to help.
- Where to start? Check the issues, pay attention to labels such as paper-cut, those are good starting points for new contributors.
Contribute with training materials
- The Galaxy Training Network (GTN) has an extensive number of contributors.
- How? The GTN has a set of slides and tutorials on how to contribute: writing tutorials, contributing via GitHub interface, command-line, etc.
Contribute with your ideas
- The Global Galaxy Steering Committee is a platform for new community initiatives and always eager to listen to yours!
Contribute by joining and hosting events
- Engage with the community. We have CoFests regularly, the Galaxy Community Conference (GCC) is held every year, and many other events are taking place.
- Give a workshop, we provide you with the infrastructure for free! Let us know if you do, and we will announce it on the Events page, our newsletter and social media!
Contribute by helping others
- There are questions asked constantly in the Galaxy Help forum, check them out and help onboarding others!