Stimulate FAIR and reusable research with computational workflows
The Work Package 2 of the EuroScienceGateway project
The EuroScienceGateway partner The University of Manchester is leading the work package WP2 Stimulate FAIR and reusable research, contributing with expertise on FAIR Computational Workflows). Other WP2 partners include EPFL, VIB, BSC, EGI, UP, UiO.
This work package adds sufficient measures to EuroScienceGateway to support FAIR practices for and by workflows.
WP2 will realize FAIR Digital Objects (FDOs), for exchanging, publishing, archiving and citing workflows and their companion data, provenance logs and associated resources, expanding the community standard RO-Crate and its use by Galaxy.
The FDOs will be published through EOSC and in EOSC catalogues (e.g. OpenAIRE) and further communicated through outreach plans to increase uptake of the EuroScienceGateway in affiliated and newly targeted computational researcher communities.
WorkflowHub, a FAIR registry for workflows that is RO-Crate compliant, will be lifted to TRL-9 status (from TRL-7) and made the registry of choice for all workflow system types and for all disciplines in EOSC.
FAIR workflows will be promoted as scholarly objects in scientific publishing, working with existing publishers and rapid communication services (e.g. Astronomer’s Telegrams). WP2 will also establish workflows to be included in scholarly knowledge graphs.
By collaborating with the FAIR-IMPACT project, both the WorkflowHub and Workflow Digital Objects, will be further aligned with its PID, metadata schema frameworks and workflow citation practices.
- WP2 introduction slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7152762
WP2 Objectives and tasks
- Objective O2.1 Bringing FAIR workflows into EOSC through the EuroScienceGateway
- Objective O2.2 Support reusable and reproducible workflows
- Objective O2.3 Establish FAIR Digital Objects as citable exchange format for workflows for all EOSC services
- Objective O2.4 Establish FAIR Workflow Digital Objects as publishable scholarly objects
- Task T2.1: Integration of EuroScienceGateway in EOSC
- Task T2.2: Reproducible and reusable FAIR Digital Objects
- Task T2.3: Using and enriching workflow FDOs
- Task T2.4: FAIR workflows as scholarly objects in scientific publishing