- Date: October 1st 2017- October 31st 2017
- Location: Online
- Event URL: /events/2017-10-hacktoberfest/
- Contact: Enis and Martin
What do fall foliage, pumpkin beer, and Halloween have in common? October! Or, we should say Hacktoberfest. From Oct 1st through Oct 31st, Hacktoberfest is a celebration of open source coding organized by Digital Ocean and GitHub. This is a great opportunity to get involved with a project and get some help along the way. Plus, if you issue 4 pull request during the month, you get a limited edition t-shirt! Any project on GitHub can participate simply by creating and tagging issues with Hacktoberfest tag. If you'd like to participate on a Galaxy-related project, check out the suggested topics below. The suggested topics are grouped by their Github repository.
Please see the list of good first issues.
CloudBridge is a Python library for interfacing with multiple cloud providers through a single API. Implementations for AWS and OpenStack exist while GCE and Azure are coming. The following will help make the library more robust and usable.
- Introduce a collections/filtering mechanism for CloudBridge: https://github.com/gvlproject/cloudbridge/issues/91
- Wrap provider-specific exceptions into CloudBridge-specific ones: https://github.com/gvlproject/cloudbridge/issues/84
- Add auto-inherit docstrings to provider implementations: https://github.com/gvlproject/cloudbridge/issues/81
- Add logging calls to all the methods: https://github.com/gvlproject/cloudbridge/issues/85
- Add method to import a key pair and expose the public one: https://github.com/gvlproject/cloudbridge/issues/49
refreshmethod for all resources and make security group resource updateable: https://github.com/gvlproject/cloudbridge/issues/70
- Replace the current OpenStack implementation that uses multiple libraries with the OpenStackSDK: https://github.com/gvlproject/cloudbridge/issues/79
CloudLaunch is an application for discovering and launching applications across multiple cloud providers. Any application can be added with a custom interface and custom launch/check logic. Check the following issues to help. Thanks!
- Allow users to add private clouds: https://github.com/galaxyproject/cloudlaunch/issues/91
- Add multi-cloud browser frontend: https://github.com/galaxyproject/cloudlaunch/issues/92
- Create a CloudLaunch Docker image: https://github.com/galaxyproject/cloudlaunch/issues/94
- Add support for OpenAPI and client bindings for other languages: https://github.com/galaxyproject/cloudlaunch/issues/95