Galaxy uses GitHub issues for tracking down bugs and feature requests. Please make sure you search the list for duplicates before creating a new issue.
Serious security problems should not be reported via GitHub - please responsibly disclose these as explained in this document.
Please report problems with tools and general usage to the biostar support forum.
- If you can reproduce on Main, and the problem has a red error dataset, you might be asked to send in a bug report (click on the bug icon for one of the error datasets). Include a share link for the workflow used to generate the problem in the form comments if you think it might be a contributing factor.
- If you can reproduce on Main, and the problem in within a green success dataset (but the result is still unexpected), you may be asked to send in a shared history link and possibly a workflow link if needed to reproduce. Use Options/Share or Publish, generate the link(s), and email our team directly on the private mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the problem dataset #'s.
- Any problem can be reported whether it involves a job or not. Example: Odd user interface behavior. Send us a description of the problem and how to reproduce it. This can be sent along with share histories, workflows, or other Galaxy objects needed to reproduce as described above (by sharing a link).
- If data is involved, and it usually is, please leave all of the related datasets in the analysis thread leading up to the bug in your history undeleted until we have responded to you.
- If you first posted the problem at Galaxy Biostars, please include a link to that post in the comments. This helps us to link the two and provide the best feedback.
- Please avoid emailing individual team members directly about problems. Use the support channels so both we and the community can help you.
If you are cetain that a problem is a software bug, please create a GitHub issue. If you are not sure, these issues can be vetted by following the help for Usage problem reporting above.
When creating an issue or sharing details about an error that does not include a shared history (through a link or bug report), be sure to include:
- Where you are using Galaxy (Main, local, or cloud instance).
- Bug reports from Test are generally not sent
- Galaxy version (usually can be obtained at https://galaxy.example/api/version)
- The date/time the bug was detected
- Exact steps to reproduce the issue
- What troubleshooting steps (if any) you have tested out