Intergalactic Utilities Commission
The Intergalactic Utilities Commission (IUC) was established in 2012 to enable the pervasive use of the main Galaxy Tool Shed by ensuring the repositories available include contents that are functionally correct and optimized for installation into local Galaxies. When appropriate, the group provides guidance to Galaxy tool developers so that they can improve the quality of their repositories.
- Maintains a set of high quality Galaxy tools in the GitHub repository. This repo serves as an excellent example and inspiration to all Galaxy tool developers.
- Cultivates and shares the Galaxy tool development best practices document.
- Provides support to tool developers on a public Gitter channel.
IUC membership evolves over time and helpful community contributors are asked to join.
|Daniel Blankenberg, Galaxy Team, Penn State University||founding member||@blankenberg|
|Dave Bouvier, Galaxy Team, Penn State University||founding member||@davebx|
|Peter Cock, The James Hutton Institute||founding member||@peterjc|
|Nate Coraor, Galaxy Team, Penn State University||founding member||@natefoo|
|Björn Grüning, University of Freiburg||founding member||@bgruening|
|James Johnson, University of Minnesota||founding member||@jj-umn|
|Nicola Soranzo, Earlham Institute||Aug 25, 2014||@nsoranzo|
|Eric Rasche, Texas A&M University||Aug 25, 2014||@erasche|
|Youri Hoogstrate, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam||Oct 7, 2015||@yhoogstrate|
|Marius van den Beek, Institut Curie||Oct 12, 2015||@mvdbeek|
|Greg Von Kuster, Penn State University||founding member||@gregvonkuster|
|Anthony Bretaudeau, GenOuest BioInformatics Platform||May 11, 2016||@abretaud|
|Saskia Hiltemann, Erasmus University Medical Center||Jun 14, 2016||@shiltemann|
|Lance Parsons, Princeton University||Oct 28, 2016||@lparsons|
|Bérénice Batut, University of Freiburg||Feb 14, 2017||@bebatut|
- Brad Chapman, Harvard School of Public Health | founding member | @chapmanb
- Edward Kirton, U.S. Department of Energy | founding member |