Science Gateways Bootcamp, May, Indianapolis
Learn gateways, from start to finish
February 11th 2019
Science Gateways Bootcamp will help you learn how to develop, operate, and sustain a gateway (also known as portals, virtual research environments, hubs, etc.).
Why apply? You’ll...
- Leave behind day-to-day tasks to tackle big questions that will help your team articulate the value of your work to key stakeholders.
- Create a strong development, operations, and sustainability plan.
- Walk away with proven and effective strategies in everything from business and finance to cybersecurity and usability.
- Network and establish relationships with others doing similar work.
- Do it all at minimal cost (currently, participants only pay for travel, lodging, and a few meals).
Looking for more reasons to apply? Read blog posts featuring more testimonials (on our FAQ page).
The next Bootcamp is May 13-17 in Indianapolis. Apply by March 22! http://sciencegateways.org/bootcamp
“The Bootcamp experience was extremely valuable to me. I have always focused on the science and technical aspects of my gateway. The Bootcamp taught me that to reach financial sustainability I need to think of the gateway operations as a business, which was very foreign to me. Learning about value propositions, budgeting, and marketing were all new areas, but I see now that they are as important to the success of my gateway as a well-designed back end is.” Mark Perri Associate Professor of Chemistry Sonoma State University