If you were working with an unregistered account, the History could really be now lost to you. Get Registered before starting again!
Find any History in your account
- To review all Histories in your account, look under User > Histories.
- At the top of the History list in the middle panel, click into Advanced Search.
- Select status: all to review all of your active, deleted, and permanently deleted (purged) histories.
- Histories in all states are listed for registered accounts. Meaning one will always find their data here if it ever appears to be "lost".
- The exception can be if the History has been purged. This requires a double-confirmed user action. Permenently deleted/purged Histories may be removed from the server at any time. The content is removed at the time of purging (and cannot be retrieved, even by an administer), but the History may still be in the listing for reference, for some variable time period.
- To review all active Datasets in your account, look under User > Datasets.
- Logging out of Galaxy while the Upload tool is still loading data can cause uploads to abort. This is most likely to occur when a dataset is loaded by browsing local files.
- If you had more than one browser window open, each with a different Galaxy History loaded, the Upload tool will load data into the most recently used history (even if that the view where you originally started the Upload job).
- TIP Refresh the view to display the current active History (double-circle icon at the top of the History panel). Histories views are cashed by browsers. If your data ended up in an expected History, or if you simply want to organize data, use the History (gear icon) > "Copy Datasets" function. Exact copies of your own Datasets in multiple Histories do not consume any additional quota space.
When logged into your account, these are located under User > Histories Shared with Me.
Working with Histories Shared with Me
- Make copies to import the History into your account where they can be worked with.
- Unshare Histories that you no longer want shared with you or that you have already made a copy of.
- Shared Histories (when copied into your account or not) do count in portion toward your total account data quota usage at Galaxy Main http://usegalaxy.org and most other public Galaxy servers.
- Copies of Histories from others count in full toward your total account data quota. Data copied from others is the same as all of your other active/deleted but not permemenently deleted/purged data.
- More details about how data shared with you, or that you shared with others, functions with respect to account quota usage are included in this FAQ.
- Full details about data privacy features and settings are included in this FAQ.