Following the GTN workshop at the GCC 2016 meeting, we are in the process of setting up a a github repository for community training resources. Don't worry about format. At this stage, we are just collecting as much material as possible for the GTN. At a later stage, we will try to make all chapter looking similar and will move the repository under the Galaxy project umbrella.
PLACEHOLDER_DICT_COLUMNS(pagename=Teach/Resource, names="Resource, Types, Domains, Owners, Formats, Date", reverse="Date", title="Hide", hide="Hide")
Add a Training Resource
Have you created or know of a resource that is useful for teaching with Galaxy? Then please share it! This will help others and also help get the word out about your resource.
Use the Wiki
To add a training resource to this directory, create a wiki page describing the resource. Here are the directions:
- Login to the wiki. If you don't have an account, you'll need to create one.
- Pick a good descriptive, CamelCase name for your deployment. This will become part of the URL for the page describing your deployment. Avoid embedded spaces as they make lousy URLs.
- Type the CamelCase name in box below and hit the "Create" button. . PLACEHOLDER_NEW_PAGE(Teach/Resources/ResourceTemplate, "Create a teaching resource description page", Teach/Resource)
- A template for the new page will appear. Replace the template text with details about the resource.
- Save, review, and edit the page until you are happy with it.
- Return to this page, and review how the resource appears in this listing.
Use a Google Form
If the wiki option seems a little daunting, you can also describe this resource in a Google Form. Once the form has been submitted, the information will be reviewed and an training resource page will be created within a week or two. You will be notified via email when the page is created.
|Describe the resource using the Google Form|