|Academic Cloud:||Galaxy on AnVIL|
|Commercial Cloud:||Galaxy on AnVIL|
|Summary:||Run Galaxy inside the secure AnVIL environment on Google Cloud Platform.|
AnVIL moves Galaxy analysis to the cloud and provides integrated access to the large biological data sets there.
- AnVIL is a FISMA-Moderate environment where researchers can perform analysis on personally identifiable data.
- Each researcher (or group) launches their own instance of Galaxy running within the AnVIL framework, and on Google Cloud Platform.
- AnVIL brings together Terra, Gen3, Dockstore, Galaxy, Bioconductor, and Jupyter into one integrated analysis platform.
- Getting Started with AnVIL
- Getting Started with Galaxy (in AnVIL)
- Video: Galaxy on AnVIL Walkthrough
AnVIL is classified as both an academic cloud and a commercial cloud platform. It is definitely a research cloud platform (funded by NHGRI), but it is built on a commercial cloud platform and is a pay-per-use platform.
Schatz, M. C., Philippakis, A. A., Afgan, E., Banks, E., Carey, V. J., Carroll, R. J., Culotti, A., Ellrott, K., Goecks, J., Grossman, R. L., Hall, I., Hansen, K. D., Lawson, J., Leek, J. T., Luria, A. O., Mosher, S., Morgan, M., Nekrutenko, A., O’Connor, B. D., … Team, A. (2021). Inverting the model of genomics data sharing with the NHGRI Genomic Data Science Analysis, Visualization, and Informatics Lab-space (AnVIL). BioRxiv, 2021.04.22.436044. https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.04.22.436044
- AnVIL tagged publications in the Galaxy Publication library