|Summary:||Run Galaxy inside the secure AnVIL environment on Google Cloud Platform.|
- AnVIL moves Galaxy analysis to the cloud and provides integrated access to the large biological data sets there.
- AnVIL is a FISMA-Moderate environment where researchers can perform analysis on personally identifiable data.
- Each researcher (or group) launches their own instance of Galaxy running within the AnVIL framework, and on Google Cloud Platform.
- AnVIL brings together Terra, Gen3, Dockstore, Galaxy, Bioconductor, and Jupyter into one integrated analysis platform.
- What is AnVIL?
- Getting Started with AnVIL
- Getting Started with Galaxy (in AnVIL)
- Video: Galaxy on AnVIL Walkthrough
- AnVIL is classified as both an academic cloud and a commercial cloud platform. It is definitely a research cloud platform (funded by NHGRI), but it is built on a commercial cloud platform and is a pay-per-use platform.
- Schatz, M. C., Philippakis, A. A., Afgan, E., Banks, E., Carey, V. J., Carroll, R. J., Culotti, A., Ellrott, K., Goecks, J., Grossman, R. L., Hall, I., Hansen, K. D., Lawson, J., Leek, J. T., Luria, A. O., Mosher, S., Morgan, M., Nekrutenko, A., O’Connor, B. D., … Team, A. (2021). Inverting the model of genomics data sharing with the NHGRI Genomic Data Science Analysis, Visualization, and Informatics Lab-space (AnVIL). BioRxiv, 2021.04.22.436044. https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.04.22.436044
- AnVIL tagged publications in the Galaxy Publication library
- NHGRI supports AnVIL through cooperative agreement awards to the Broad Institute (#5U24HG010262) and Johns Hopkins University (#5U24HG010263).