We are launching the new Galaxy Community Calls
A broad forum for global community updates and discussions
We are happy to announce that we are launching the new Galaxy Community Calls! We will gather every other Thursday at 3 pm UTC to present topics of interest, discuss and share updates.
How will they work?
We will host online calls with two main parts: a short presentation followed by a discussion; and a section for general community updates (see more details in the dedicated page).
Hmm, how is this new call different from the working groups meetings?
The working groups have their primary focus on specific topics and the calls aim at removing blockers, distribute work tasks, and move towards the goals set in the roadmap. The community calls have a broader scope and are meant to create a space for discussion about more general matters. It is also open for the whole community to present, regardless of their belonging to a particular working group.
Everyone is welcome to present
A few ideas to inspire and invite you to present:
- You've made a new, cool contribution to the Galaxy ecosystem that others should know about (Galaxy feature, tool, workflow, etc.);
- You are trying to launch your own community within Galaxy and are seeking help or advice, or want to share your progress with others;
- You'd like to explore possible collaborations with the Galaxy community members;
- You are working on an interesting scientific project;
- You want to introduce your local community to the global community;
- You have finished a mentorship program and want to talk about your project;
- ... or whatever you consider that is worth sharing!
Please get in touch if you'd like to present.
When does it start?
We start on April 28, 2022. We will update the line-up in the events page soon. Stay tuned!
We are looking forward to your participation!