To deliver this curriculum, we organize a 4 half-day online and free workshop on June 12-15th, 2023 to introduce trainers to:
- learning principles,
- training techniques,
- lesson, session, course, and material design
- assessment and feedback.
- Date: June 12-15th, 2023
- Format: Online via Zoom
- Location: Zoom (details shared later to participants)
- Time: 9am-12pm CEST (see in your timezone)
- Cost: Free
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, or special requirements
- Support: Zoom, Chat, and Shared Google document
Target Audience: Whoever is interested in becoming a trainer/instructor, or improving your training skills.
If you have questions like the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.
- How learning works?
- How do I use learning principles and theories to improve my teaching/training?
- How do I make my teaching/training more engaging and effective?
- How should I adjust my teaching/training to different types of learners?
- How do I ensure learning progress?
- How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my lessons? Are they actually learning?
- What is the best balance between theory and practice?
- How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?
- What works in a classroom and what doesn't?
- To get acquainted with Learning principles and how they apply to training
- To be able to select and use training techniques that can help enhance learner engagement and participation
- To learn how to use assessment and feedback in training
- To learn about session, course, and materials design
Learning Outcome: By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Name learning principles that a good teacher/instructor should have in mind
- Describe at least three training techniques, drawing on learning principles
- Design a training session and a course
- Develop assessment questionnaires
- Enumerate types of materials needed for each part of a training session or course
|June 12th||9:00am||9:30am||30min||Welcome||Fotis Psomopoulos, Bérénice Batut|
|June 12th||9:30am||12:00pm||2h30||Learning principles||Cristóbal Gallardo|
|June 13th||9:00am||9:30am||30min||Welcome||Fotis Psomopoulos, Bérénice Batut|
|June 13th||9:30am||12:00pm||2h30||Design and plan session, course, materials||Bérénice Batut|
|June 14th||9:00am||9:30am||30min||Welcome||Fotis Psomopoulos, Bérénice Batut|
|June 14th||9:30am||11:00am||1h30||Training techniques to enhance learner participation and engagement||Bérénice Batut|
|June 14th||11:00am||12:00pm||1h||Motivation and Demotivation||Bérénice Batut|
|June 15th||9:00am||9:30am||30min||Welcome||Fotis Psomopoulos, Bérénice Batut|
|June 15th||9:30am||10:30am||1h||Assessment and feedback in training and teachings||Fotis Psomopoulos|
|June 15th||10:30am||11:30am||1h||Last exercise||Fotis Psomopoulos|
- Registration: Before June 1st (closed earlier because already full)
- Capacity: Maximum 20 participants
- Selection: If more participants applied than we have the capacity, the "first applied - first served" approach will be used. Participants will be informed on the June, 1st
After the workshop
This workshop is over, all the training materials will stay online at https://training.galaxyproject.org/
Instructors, helpers and organizers
- Cristóbal Gallardo, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Bérénice Batut, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Fotis Psomopoulos, INAB|CERTH, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Pradeep Eranti