Details on conference location, lodging options and transportation.
Charles Commons is also the official lodging location for the conference.
Note that there is a JHU Mobile app that includes maps to the Homewood Campus.
Baltimore is in the middle of the Eastern United states and easily reached from both domestic and international locations.
From closest to farthest, the three closest major airports are
- Baltimore Washington International (BWI) - outside Baltimore, less than 30 minutes away,
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) - Downtown Washington DC.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) - Virginia suburbs of Washington DC.
If at all possible, BWI is what you want.
Getting to the Homewood Campus
Parking passes can be obtained for $10/day, 2 day minimum, when registering.
Johns Hopkins recommends parking in one of the Homewood Campus visitor lots. The two main parking options are:
- South Garage, described as the main visitor lot for the Homewood Campus.
- San Martin Center Garage, which is farther away, but still walking distance.
See the event map.
Baltimore has a variety of public transportation, including commuter trains, a subway system, and an extensive bus system. Highlights include a MARC train from BWI to downtown, and the Charm City Circulator, a free bus service with 4 routes covering downtown.
There is no rail or free bus service to the Homewood Campus, but several bus routes serve the campus including routes 3 11, 22, and 61.
Conference Lodging: Charles Commons
3301 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218
Two and four person suites, all single rooms
Some key points:
- Check-in starts at 3pm on Sunday and check-out ends at noon on Thursday.
- Charles Commons will have a 24hr front desk
- Guests may park at the meters for short term street parking to unload and check-in. Meters accept coins and credit cards. Upon checking in, guests may then move the vehicle to ... (details coming) for long-term parking.
- Ethernet access is available in rooms using a University guestnet account (provided at checkin). Ethernet cables are not provided, but may be purchased at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore located next door to Charles Commons. Common areas in the building provide wireless access.
- Rooms are air conditioned
- All rooms are in suites with either two single bedrooms sharing one bathroom or four single bedrooms sharing two bathrooms and a living area.
- Suites come with a kitchenette that includes a refrigerator (but not utensils).
- For lodging accommodation questions or special accommodations, please contact Conference Services at +1-410-516-3962.
Rooms in Charles Commons can be reserved with either 3 night or 4 night packages:
| 4 Night package|
Arrive Sunday June 29
Depart Thursday July 3
| 3 Night package|
Arrive Monday June 30
Depart Thursday July 3
|Booked on or before June 6||$271|
($69, $69, $69, $64
($69, $69, $64)
| Booked after June 6|
(if still available)
(79, $79, $79, $74)
($79, $79, $74)
Inn at The Colonnade Baltimore
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Inn at The Colonnade Baltimore from June 27, 2014 - July 3, 2014 at a special rate of $139/night. The special room rate will be available until May 30th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. The Inn at The Colonnade Baltimore is just off campus and within easy walking distance of the conference venues.
Other Nearby Options
- Radisson at Cross Keys - Driving distance but they provide a shuttle to the Homewood Campus.
- Mt. Washington Conference Center - Several miles north of the Homewood Campus.
- Hotels.com - includes many options in the Inner Harbor.
- Hotels Near Johns Hopkins page.
- Visit Baltimore
- The Baltimore Orioles have home games every night of the conference
- 125+ other attractions
- Add your favorite here