Feb 8, 2013 Galaxy Distribution & News Brief
February 9th 2013
Complete News Brief
- Improvements to our release process. Release tag must be used in the hg update command to upgrade. More at usegalaxy.org.
- Tool Shed Complex repository dependencies are introduced, streamlining core dependency use across individual tools.
- Also updated in the Tool Shed: multiple repository installation, dependency installation (when defined - see graphic on right for an example), and many usability enhancements and fixes.
- New Bedgraph-to-bigwig tool plus Filter tool updated.
- Workflows now include option to export an image and the core Framework now allows more unified reference genome usage and access.
- Ten Community Pull-Requests incorporated, plus another contribution to the tool Shed, addressing general usability, API, tools, error handling, workflows, and more. Thanks!!
- Review highlights from the latest monthly Galaxy Update newsletter and Galaxy Project Stats!
- Plus bug fixes and related enhancements for visualizations, histories, workflows, and tools.
new: $ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist#stable galaxy-dist upgrade: $ hg pull $ hg update release_2013.02.08
To receive email updates about Galaxy Distributions and News Briefs, be sure to subscribe to the Galaxy-Announce mailing list, a low-volume list dedicated to News Items and priority messages from the Galaxy community and project core team.
Thanks for using Galaxy,