Dec 3, 2012 Distribution & News Brief
December 3rd 2012
Complete News Brief
- NGS: Mapping tools Bowtie and Lastz have moved from the Galaxy distribution to the Galaxy Main Tool Shed.
- Improvements in the display of http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/ToolShed repository dependencies and contents.
- More Tool Shed updates including details of the Functional test framework, a new hgweb.config file and
HgWebConfigManagertool, plus other management features.
- Updated UI display and functionality for datasets and histories: new paused state and "resume/paused" toggle, new History menu options (seen at right →), and improved Scatterplot visualizations.
- The SGE job runner has now been fully deprecated and replaced with DRMAA.
- Several enhancements to aid with reproducibility: "Re-run" and "Extract workflow" validates datasets and tools, respectively, and a new data tables registry within the Administration menu, along with associated tools, corrects or warns about tool migration issues.
- Highlights from the new Galaxy CloudMan release and December 2012 Galaxy Update.
new: $ hg clone http://www.bx.psu.edu/hg/galaxy galaxy-dist upgrade: $ hg pull -u -r f364d992270c
Thanks for using Galaxy!