Each Galaxy server is independent. How much disk space to allocate for users is determined by the administrators of the instance.
Should you have problems after reviewing the options below, please let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered account email address.
Log out of Galaxy, then back in again. This refreshes the disk usage calculation.
The options are included under the User menu in the top masthead.
If the account usage is showing that quota is exceeded -over 250 GB:
Find all Histories and purge (aka permenently delete) those not needed.
- Under the Histories Options (gear icon, top of right History panel), choose Saved Histories from the list.
- Click on Advanced Search, then choose status = all.
- Locate deleted but not permemently deleted histories and purge them.
Find all Datasets or just review those in the active history and purge (aka permenently delete) those not needed.
- All datasets can be reviewed under User > Saved Datasets.
- Within a History, deleted/permenently deleted Datasets can be reviewed by clicking on the deleted link at the top of the History panel, found immediately under the History name.
- Or active (shown) and hidden datasets can be reviewed the same way.
- Click on the far right "X" to delete a dataset.
- To permenently delete: use the link from within the dataset, or use the Operations on Multiple Datasets function, or the Purge Deleted Datasets list item in the History menu.
Examine History menu items under Histories Shared with Me.
- Note: A small fraction of space from shared histories will count toward your quota.
- Review the contents.
- Copy those you still want to work with.
- Unshare any on the list not needed (once copied, unshare and you will still have your own copy).
Also see: Delete versus Delete Permanently
Account quotas are generally fixed at 250 Gb for Galaxy Main. Other Galaxy servers may differ for quota size and policy. For very large projects, consider moving to a local or cloud Galaxy where you can control the resources.
- Using Galaxy choices are explained here
- If your work is academic research based and additional short-term space is needed at Galaxy Main, please send an email to email@example.com from your registered account explaining your project and we may be able to help.