Birds of a Feather (BoF) Flock Together at [GCC2015](http://gcc2015.tsl.ac.uk/)
There is no better place than a Galaxy Community Conference to meet and learn from others doing data-intensive biology. GCC2015 will continue this tradition by again including Birds of a Feather (BoF)) meetups. Birds of a Feather meetups are informal gatherings where participants group together based on common interests.
BoF meetups are encouraged throughout GCC2015. We particularly want to encourage BoFs that flock at the end of each day, when time and space have been allocated for them.
PLACEHOLDER_DICT_COLUMNS(pagename=Events/GCC2015/BoFs, names="BoF, When, Where, Summary, Audience, Contact", sort="BoF", title="Hide", hide="Hide")
Want to plan a BoF?
To plan a Birds of a Feather meetup:
- Submit Your BoF Description, either with this form or directly in the wiki using a template (requires login).
- Once the BoF wiki page exists
Submit Your BoF Description
There are two ways to create your BoF.
Fill Out a Form
|Create your BoF|
With this method there will be some delay in creating the BoF page, and less control over what it looks like, but the interface is much easier.
Use the Wiki
The BoF will be added to the wiki immediately. This requires a wiki account.
- Login to the wiki. If you don't have an account, you'll need to create one.
- Pick a good descriptive, CamelCase name for your BoF's wiki page. This will become part of the URL for the page describing your BoF. Avoid embedded spaces as they make lousy URLs.
- Enter the CamelCase name in box below and hit the "Create" button. . PLACEHOLDER_NEW_PAGE(Events/GCC2015/BoF/BoFTemplate, "Create a Birds of a Feather wiki page", Events/GCC2015/BoFs)
- A template for the new page will appear. Replace the template text with a description of the new BoF.
- Save, review, and edit the page until you are happy with it.
- Magically, your BoF is now listed on this page as well.
The conference enables and encourages BoFs by
- Encouraging conference participants to organize BoFs
- Use this wiki page as a hub for BoFs at GCC2015.
- Promote BoFs to all conference participants, over and over, both before and during the conference.
- Coordinate and reserve rooms for BoFs, and allocate time in the schedule for them too.